Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
Greater Cincinnati Chapter
1. Make yourself heard. MOAA's chapters provide critical grassroots support for MOAA's national legislative agenda. Our benefits are under attack and MOAA is in the fight to preserve them. Chapter members let their legislators know what's on their minds and open doors for MOAA's legislative team in Washington, D.C. In these difficult times, MOAA members need to stick together and our chapters are the best way we know to do that.
2. Giving back to the community. Chapter members are MOAA's ambassadors in their communities, supporting countless programs that make a difference in the lives of others. These members have gone the extra step to give back in the truest sense of servant leadership.
3. Value added to chapter member lives. MOAA chapters sponsor interesting programs and opportunities to ineract with civic, political, military, and business leaders on issues important to members.
4. Networking with fellow officers. Chapters include second career members in the work force or retired servicemembers who have contacts in the community that can be valuable to transitioning officers.
5. Stay informed. Chapter newsletters, websites, and meetings provide you the latest information on local, state, and national issues and changes to military benefits.
6. Influencing state legislation. Most states have a council of chapters that unites every MOAA chapter in the state. These councils often lobby for and pass state-level legislation that affects military members and their families, such as exempting military retired pay from state income tax or increasing funding for state-run VA programs.
The Chapter received approval from DOD to participate in the Vietnam Commemoration Program
The 2016 Tri-State Woman Veteran Achievement Awards Committee is now accepting nominations to
recognize a woman Veteran who has displayed exemplary service and leadership while either serving
in the Military, as a Veteran, or in her community.
This award is part of the Cincinnati VAMC and CERV Foundation's ongoing effort to lead and engage the
Tri-State communities to serve Veterans, where they live and work.
Deadline for submitting nomination application is May 25, 2016.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Shirley May,
Women Veteran Program Manager. Cincinnati VAMC at (513) 475-6890.
Honor Flight Columbus is looking for a few good women veterans - about 80 of them - for the first all-women veteran’s flight from Columbus.
The one-day trip to Washington, D.C. is free to the veterans as a thank you for their service and is an opportunity to “Honor, Share, and Celebrate” their contributions.
The flight is on Saturday, September 10, 2016 from Port Columbus. Cost: $30 if you register by April 1st, $35 after April 1st, & $15 for women veterans
The All Women Veterans’ Flight will honor our nation’s senior veterans - WWII, Korea and Vietnam - and is made possible by the generous efforts of the Westerville for
Honor Flight Committee.
Applications are available at www.HonorFlightColumbus.org - click on “Veteran Application” or call the HFCols office at 614-284-4987.
Application deadline for this special flight is Monday, July 11, 2016 and the application will be processed in the order received. Selected veterans will be notified by July 30.
Applications by non-WWII and Korean veterans are not guaranteed to be selected on this or future flights.
Contact: Bill and Bobbi Richards
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) will now offer the Women Veterans license plate to any women who served or
retired in any of the branches of the military: Marine; Navy; Army; Air Force and Coast Guard.
License plates went on sale to the public Monday April 25, 2016.
See the video: "This is Real Life", which highlights the new license plate dedicated to women veterans.
VA Medical Center
Have you thought of volunteering at the VA Medical Center or wondered what you could do to help the veterans there? Click on the link below to see what donations are needed and the volunteer opportunities they. Volunteer Opportunities and Needs
Time is running out.
Governor and State Leaders News Release
Message from State Representative Connie Pillich
Application for Veterans
Application for Veterans Family
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Military Officers Association of America
Scholarship Fund whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Click Here to start shopping and donating today.
Click Here to find out how.
Last Updated: May 5th, 2016